Images by nature generate a special attraction in the public. If we have before us a plain text without illustrations, it generates less interest to us than reading it if it had been splattered and cut by attractive images linked to it. This is a reality and this is demonstrated by several statistics and successes of web sites that have been increasingly popular.
Sites based on communication through images, such as Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram have all had an increase in 2012, cataloged by comScore as “the emergence of the visual web” and have become attractive social platforms.
The largest social platform in the world, Facebook, acquired a high price to the company Instagram based on studies that showed the importance of the image in the attractiveness of users.
Even before the digital revolution, images through painters and artists were fundamental members in advertising and the written media. Today, with the growth of mobile devices containing well-incorporated digital cameras, it is easier and simpler to share an image with the audience through social networks, email or articles, posts.
It is rational to take advantage of this powerful content marketing to achieve your business objectives.
- There are five statistical data data from very reliable sources that prove without appeal that the visual content is a winning insurance:
- 94% of visits on average are made to content with images instead of content that does not contain images.
- 67% of consumers that clear and detailed images of a product have more weight and are more important than the information, description and assessment of customers of the same.
- 60% of consumers are more likely to contact a company whose images appear in the search results.
- 3 7% increase in participation is experienced when Facebook messages include photographs.
- 14% increase in page views are observed when press releases contain a photograph . (Up to 48% when both photographs and videos are included.)
The advantages offered by visual content can be summarized in the following points:
- The visual content is easy to consume. This is a critical factor for marketers looking to avoid a landscape with messy content. Easy and quick information to consume allows you to transmit your message to your target audience without running the risk of being ignored.
- The visual content shows your product. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. Images, especially photographs, let your customers see for themselves what you are offering. This helps build trust since potential buyers do not have to take their word for it.
- Visual content improves your brand. Fill your 360 ° mark in the images. This means taking pictures that highlight your product, employees and physical location, as well as incorporating your brand colors and related images.
- Visual content helps build audience. The images and photographs attract attention and attract potential participants in their information, whether in social networking spaces, their website or email. The visual content acts as a magnet to attract readers.
- Visual content eliminates language barriers. Most image-based content does not require a lot of words for the audience to understand. The image conveys the meaning.