Tucked inside a quiet and wooded site of Nichols Canyon is the Hollywood Hills Dwelling, a sculptural property that offers reducing-edge green systems and materials. Los Angeles-centered design practice Tighe Architecture crafted the dwelling for a musician and took inspiration from the terrain to form the curvaceous, multi-tale dwelling. Spanning an spot of 5,200 square toes, the dwelling is confronted with an abundance of entire-peak glazing that makes a seamless link concerning the indoors and out.
Even though the Hollywood Hills Property is positioned a lot less than a 10-moment drive from the bustling Hollywood Boulevard, the residence feels a entire world away in its secluded plot surrounded by experienced pines, eucalyptus and indigenous plants. The multifaceted constructing was optimally positioned to make the most of its landscape sights and to guard towards unwanted solar get. Set on a reliable foundation of board-shaped concrete walls, the home’s upper amounts show up to float in comparison simply because of its curved strains, walls of glass and plastered exterior.
The key living places, kitchen area and eating space are found on the first ground and open up up to sights of the landscape by floor-to-ceiling glass. The grasp suite and two extra bedrooms can be uncovered on the top flooring, whilst the basement consists of a tunes studio, laundry home, storage and the garage. A swimming pool has been put in in the yard. “The floating mass is formed by the constraints of the internet site and a sequence of openings that frame precise sights,” the studio pointed out.
Connected: Richard Neutra’s mid-century Hailey Home is an work out in compact space layout
The client’s ask for for a sustainable home directed the adoption of passive solar concepts in the style and design process. The dwelling is optimized for organic ventilation and lights, nonetheless also involves a solar photovoltaic method and a solar hydronic program for heating h2o. The current indigenous landscape has been supplemented with a drought-tolerant native planting strategy.
+ Tighe Architecture
By using Dezeen
Pictures by Antonio Follo
- Eco-friendly Scarborough Home Is Designed To Follow The Sun
- An Off-grid Home In South Africa Features A Conservatory For Fully Enjoying Nature
- This Net-zero Home Is Inspired By Iceland's Volcanic Landscapes
- Stunning Costa Rican Beach Home Uses Passive Features To Stay Cool
- Zaha Hadid Architects Weaves Energy-saving Tech Into An Otherworldly UAE Landscape
- A Solar-powered Home Hides Behind A Colossal, Sloped Green Roof
- This Breezy, Green-roofed Home In Singapore Embraces Nature From All Angles
- Solar-powered Technova College Nearly Hits Net-zero Energy In The Netherlands
- A Crimson Red Home Is Tucked Into A Dark Green Forest In Portugal
- Award-winning Glass Cabin Is Nestled Inside An Australian Rainforest
- Sculptural Sunset Houses Mimic Waves With Rainwater-collecting Roofs
- Olson Kundig Solar Sail Proposal Could Power Up To 200 Melbourne Homes With Clean Energy
- War Ruins Are Reborn As A Sustainable Home In Lebanon
- Barn-inspired Home Offers Back-to-nature Living With A Crisp, Contemporary Twist
- This Bold, Sustainable Home Will Age Gracefully Near An Indiana Wetland
- How To Buy A House: 5 Must-Do’s Before Buying A Home
- A Family's Unique Tiny Home Uses Wool And Hemp For Insulation
- This Rammed Earth Home In India Uses Recycled Materials Throughout
- 6 Advantages Of Xeriscape Landscape Design
- Zigzagging Green Terraces Make Up A Luxury Residential Block In Mexico City