The search for keywords or keyword research is a fundamental step in any SEO and SEM strategy, but also in the very definition of contents of a web page. This keyword analysis is fundamental in any digital marketing strategy because of the saturation of the market and an infinite competition.
Today in the blog of Pro Solutions, marketing agency in Valencia, we tell you the main keys to make a good keyword research and start your SEO strategy right.
First, we want to make it clear that there are different types of keyword that can be differentiated by their nature:
According to the user's intention
They define the objective of the user when he sits in front of the computer or when he pulls his mobile phone out of his pocket to perform a Google search. We differentiate three types:
- Informative: the user searches for information about something in particular. Example: how to make a paella, time in Valencia …
- Acquisition: the user wants to buy something, download an ebook … Example: download One hundred years of loneliness.
- Navegacionales: the user goes to a specific website in the one that wants to navigate. Example: Facebook.
According to the search volume of the keywords
The volume of searches is the number of times a keyword is searched by a user. They are divided into three groups:
- Head: are very broad, unspecific searches, which have a very large volume of searches and high competition. Example: paella.
- Middle tail: are somewhat more specific searches than the previous ones, but they are still very broad. Example: Valencian paella.
- Long tail: these are the ones that are really important for your strategy. These are very specific searches in which there is little competition and whose objective is usually the acquisition of something very specific. Example: Valencian paella recipe, Paella valenciana cheap restaurant.
At first glance, we would focus our keyword research on the broadest words, and that is the mistake that many users make. If we analyze a little more, we realize that it is much better to position ourselves with keywords of the long-tail type, since we would be able to capture the most qualified searches, with greater interest and with a much higher percentage of conversion.
Tips to get started tu keyword research
The first thing you should do if you want to generate an interesting list of keywords and position your website for what it really offers, you should ask yourself some questions that may seem very obvious but that will help you define your business.  Some of these questions may be: what is the purpose of your business; what you sell or what service you offer; what is the profile of your client; where are you located or where do you offer your services?
Tools to do your keyword research
We recommend you to use some tools like Google, Google Trends, Google Keyword Planner …
With these tools you will create a long list of keywords in which after you should discard those that are less useful to meet your business objectives.
If you need help to implement your SEO and SEM strategy and to define the keywords you are going to use, get in touch with us and you will receive help and professional advice.