Is making videos for YouTube a good marketing strategy?
For a brand to consider hiring an audiovisual producer to make some videos and launch a marketing campaign on YouTube is an increasingly common practice. Many reputable companies appear in the videos of this platform, but … is it worth it? It is effective? Are there some tricks that should be taken into account?
List of best sellers by YouTube marketing strategy
- 500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints and Strategy for Business: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, and More!
- The 15 Steps To Profitable YouTube Marketing: The Proven Method For Building Money-Making YouTube Ad Campaigns
- The YouTube Formula: How Anyone Can Unlock the Algorithm to Drive Views, Build an Audience, and Grow Revenue
- YouTube Secrets: The Ultimate Guide to Growing Your Following and Making Money as a Video Influencer
- Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
- Marketing en Redes Sociales: Marketing en Facebook, Marketing en Youtube, Marketing en Instagram (Libro en Español/Social Media Marketing Book Spanish Version) (Spanish Edition)
- Blue Ocean Strategy, Expanded Edition: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant
- The 8 Pillars of Social Media Marketing: Learn How to Transform Your Online Marketing Strategy For Maximum Growth with Minimum Investment. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube, Instagram +More
- Video Marketing Winning Strategy: How to grow your business with video marketing
- Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Strategy Advice and Tips for Business: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram and Much More!
The best YouTube marketing strategy 2021
|1||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Buy on Amazon|
|6||Buy on Amazon|
|7||Buy on Amazon|
|8||Buy on Amazon|
|9||Buy on Amazon|
|10||Buy on Amazon|
The average number of videos viewed on YouTube during a normal day is more than 1,000 million. These are impressive figures and it is not surprising that it is the most effective business communication channel, since:
- 4 of the 10 most watched YouTube videos in 2016 were advertising.
- 6 out of 10 people prefer to watch videos on the Internet than conventional television.
- Global television viewing time has been reduced by 7% in 2015, while YouTube has increased by 74%.
- Big brands and companies massively use YouTube as a communication channel.
- It is the third most visited portal in the world (after Google and Facebook ).
- Ads posted on YouTube ( Trueview ) generate an interaction with the text ad.
In short, it is a means of communication essential to launch digital marketing campaigns or audiovisual advertising. The audience of YouTube surpasses that of any television channel in the world.
Surely you already know the importance of having a good positioning in the search engines of your website. To achieve this, it is necessary to make a correct optimization of the page (title, headers, content, images …) as well as a good linkbuilding campaign (get links from other pages).
The latter is usually the most complicated part, since it takes a lot of incoming links to position a website, especially in very competitive sectors.
However, what few people know is that Google reserves the first two positions to show videos related to the keyword. They position themselves like a web page (content + links) but it’s much simpler!
For example, it is relatively easy to position a corporate video in the first places of Google search (yes, Google !) And that video at the end link to the corporate website.
Obviously, for this to work the videos must meet certain conditions:
- Be interesting and that they contribute value: the audiovisual content must be relevant. It’s not worth anything!
- Be reasonably well done (it is not worth to record four blurred shots and upload any poorly made montage).
- Have the right measure: they should not be extended if it is not necessary; if they are very specific tutorials or videos, it is logical that they have a longer duration.
Keep in mind that YouTube gives a lot of importance to the statistics of viewing videos: how many people see them from beginning to end, what percentage they get to see, if they are shared on social networks …
In this way, a video well done, interesting and with a logical extension is much more likely to be seen whole than a long and boring. And that has much more weight for Google than the possible external links it may have.
Steps for a good audiovisual marketing campaign
To achieve the maximum potential of an advertising campaign, a good strategy is necessary:
1. Analysis of the audience
The first is the first: depending on the type of corporate communication that takes place will have to undertake some actions or others. For example, how do you establish contact with customers? It is necessary to clarify the profile of age, interests, habits and technological domain to know what kind of audiovisual productions really interest them. A 15-year-old client profile is not the same as middle-aged female executives.
2. Analysis of the company
What values do you want to transmit? And what are the communication objectives? The strategy should take into account all these and other factors; the intention may be to consolidate a certain brand image, launch specific promotions, explain the characteristics of a product … The whole strategy of the audiovisual actions to follow should be integrated naturally within the overall communication strategy.
3. Synergy of communication channels
Being clear that we are going to launch a campaign on YouTube , means knowing that we have many other support channels at our disposal. The key is to complement all of them in a way that supports each other, in order to ensure reach and virality. For example:
Presence and mobilization in social networks: there are several tools that allow us to “move” posts and videos on social platforms. Obviously we can choose the free way, although there are other highly recommended strategies that require different budgets: from Facebook ads to paid retweets .
Links to our videos from other pages: to position videos in Google .
Insert videos in different places: many pages allow you to embed videos, such as blogs or news aggregators.
Organize a mixed campaign: encompass audiovisual content within a larger campaign that also involves print advertising (brochures, catalogs), the web itself, emailing campaigns … If the campaign has been creatively designed and exploits the interaction with users, The possibilities are enormous.
4. Choose a good audiovisual production company
Nothing is worth the effort if the audiovisual pieces are poorly made. Audiovisual producers, in addition to their experience, can provide a whole series of technical resources such as different types of camera, as well as an advanced post-production that allows a final quality result. Depending on the available budget, the producer will adapt the proposal.
5. Measure the impact
There is a long list of tools to measure statistics and metrics of a YouTube video campaign . The portal itself offers Analytics , where you can see the statistics of reproduction of the videos: at what point are abandoned, what percentage of each of them is seen, if they carry clicks to links, visits of other videos …
One of the advantages of the Internet is the possibility of measuring the impact of our campaign and knowing if we are on the right track or not. Be aware of what works and what will not allow us to adjust the contents, as well as the diffusion to which we submit them to obtain the desired impact.