We typically profess our like of environmentally friendly roofs, but a modern dwelling design and style in Krakow has genuinely taken the idea to the upcoming degree. Polish agency Superhelix Pracownia Projektowa has just unveiled a wonderful dwelling with an tremendous inexperienced roof which is sloped about the overall northern aspect of the house. The roof is so significant that it camouflages the barn-encouraged dwelling completely on a single side, providing the residence with its identify, the Dwelling Guiding the Roof.
The 2,000-sq.-foot dwelling is found in a residential area exterior Krakow. The constructing is element of a housing estate with 10 other homes crafted reasonably close with each other. According to the architects, the 1st stages of the scheduling had been concentrated on making certain the privateness of the householders. As a final result, the home’s style and design was made with the enormous roof that pulls double duty as an eave that shades the inside while supplying the utmost in privacy.
Linked: A green-roofed underground extension breaks the mould for school architecture
Though the architects desired to go with a common, flat eco-friendly roof, nearby setting up codes prohibited them from performing so. As an alternate, the architects determined to leading the house with a 45-degree sloped aircraft on the northern aspect. Lined with lush succulents, the roof presents a touch of whimsy to the design and style but also functions as a privateness shade and insulation. On the southern facet of the home, numerous photo voltaic panels soak up the sun’s energy. At the apex of the A-body roof, a sequence of massive skylights allow all-natural mild into the home.
The dwelling is clad in a light-weight-hued Western Crimson Cedar. Since of the resilient mother nature of the wooden, it was not required to address the timber beforehand. As a result, the wooden will take on a silver-grey patina above time. Additionally, care for the environmentally friendly roof is also minimal. Extended-long lasting dry durations in this region are not typical, and the succulents planted on the roof are minimal-servicing.
The rustic picket aesthetic carries on all over the interior of the two-tale house. Alongside with the skylights, there are various windows that are mounted significant in the walls to give the inside with natural light-weight and ventilation. The residence is laid out in a rectangular system, reminiscent of a standard barn. The floor flooring residences the kitchen area and residing house, together with a toilet and utility room. The learn bedroom and en suite bathroom are on the prime flooring, as properly as two more bedrooms and a children’s playroom. On the bottom floor, huge sliding glass doors direct out to an open-air deck with a barbecue and eating area.
+ Superhelix Pracownia Projektowa
By way of Archdaily
Pictures by Bartłomiej Drabik
- A Crimson Red Home Is Tucked Into A Dark Green Forest In Portugal
- Eco-friendly Scarborough Home Is Designed To Follow The Sun
- Solar-powered Technova College Nearly Hits Net-zero Energy In The Netherlands
- An Off-grid Home In South Africa Features A Conservatory For Fully Enjoying Nature
- This Sculptural Home Takes Cues From The Sloping Hollywood Hills Landscape
- Zigzagging Green Terraces Make Up A Luxury Residential Block In Mexico City
- Solar-powered Cork House Pursues Healthy, Sustainable Living
- Olson Kundig Solar Sail Proposal Could Power Up To 200 Melbourne Homes With Clean Energy
- Greek Island Tilos Is Showing The World How To Go 100% Renewable
- 10 Sustainable Halloween Decorations For Your Green Home
- This Breezy, Green-roofed Home In Singapore Embraces Nature From All Angles
- Weathered Steel Trees Wrap Around A Solar-powered School Building
- Winners Announced For The 2018 LAGI In Melbourne | Inhabitat
- How To Buy A House: 5 Must-Do’s Before Buying A Home
- A Family's Unique Tiny Home Uses Wool And Hemp For Insulation
- This Rammed Earth Home In India Uses Recycled Materials Throughout
- This Net-zero Home Is Inspired By Iceland's Volcanic Landscapes
- Stunning Costa Rican Beach Home Uses Passive Features To Stay Cool
- A Curved Tunnel Provides An Unexpected Connection In A Renovated, Mid-century Home
- California Waters Could Open Soon To Offshore Wind Farms